Sunday, January 12, 2014

Holiday Haulin' 2013 and Mini Reviews

HELLO, my readers!

Happy January! It's been a good few months since I did my last post on here. I have been exclusively focusing on school this year, and so I haven't had the chance to turn on my computer for a long time.



If you're interested in the cosmetics I picked up over the Christmas Break, keep reading! 


From L-R: Dolce & Gabbanna The Blush Luminous Cheek Color in 22 Tan 
Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Cava
Formula X nail polish in Light my Fire
Tarte Lights Camera Flashes 100 point perk mascara
Make Up Forever Aqua Lip WP lipliner in 19C Pomegranate Pink
Marc Jacobs Beauty Magic Marc'er Precision Pen in Blacquer
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette 
Buxom Full-On Lip Cream in White Russian
Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick mini in Icon


From L-R:  Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Mask 
Pretty & Polished in Flipflopfuggetaboutit, Dancing at Dusk, and Good Vibrations
Shu Uemura S Curler
Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Native
Giorgio Armani Rouge d'Armani in Plum 602 
Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in Art Deco 502
Anna Sui x Minnie Mouse Rose Lipbalm
Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray - LOVE!
Guerlain Crazy Paris Meteorites Perles 
Guerlain Crazy 68 Terracotta Bronzer

 Close Ups:

  
 Dolce & Gabbanna The Blush Luminous Cheek Color in 22 Tan

I purchased this during Sephora's VIB sale since it is Raeview's Favorite contour powder, and I always trust her recommendations. This is the PERFECT contour color with a taupe-y beige undertone. It definitely tops any bronzer I have tried for the same purpose. 
The formula is buttery smooth, pigmented, easy to blend, and long wearing.  
The packaging is so luxe, and has a nice weight to it. At 5g, you get the standard amount as any other blush. 
Would I repurchase? Yes

Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Cava

With flash, this looks like any other lipstick, but when worn, it is quite unique. It is described as a lilac beige on sephora's website, and I couldn't agree more. When I first tried it on in store, I had quite heavy eye make up on, and it looked great against my complexion. Unfortunately I've tried this on days where I just slap on some eyeliner, and it made me look like a walking corpse. Grey purple-y lips and all. I'm not sure if this color still works on me, but I'll try it out come spring. The formula is super comfortable to wear and glossy. 
Would I repurchase? Yes, but not in the same color. Fig is next on my list. 


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

As someone who has combination oily skin, I really enjoy using this palette. There was so much hype around it that I don't think I'll need to go into details. The first color (dim light) is perfect for setting make up without making you look cakey. The second color (incandescent light) is the perfect highlighting color without looking like a disco ball. The last (Radiant light) is quite a bit dark. I haven't used it much, but I'll probably love it during the summer months.
Would I repurchase? Maybe the dim light when I'm done, but it's quite expensive for what it is. 

Giorgio Armani Rouge d'Armani in Plum 602

This is by far one of my favorite purchases this winter! It's the perfect everyday fall/winter color for me. 
The formula is slightly sticky when it sets, but that makes it stay on longer. It's not drying at all, and looks super glossy as well. I loved the formula so much, that I bought another in Beige 102 (not pictured).
Would I repurchase? Yes. 

Anna Sui x Minnie Mouse Rose Lipbalm

We all know how I'm a sucker for packaging. So much that I haven't used this one yet. 
Would I repurchase? No, probably not. I have enough lip balms to coat myself from head to toe for a year... not that I would... lol

Guerlain Crazy 68 Terracotta Bronzer

EEP! Look at this stunner. I can't get over how gorgeous this is... that's why I haven't touched it yet either. 
ha ha ha. I'm saving it for the summer when I'm a tad bit darker. 
Would I repurchase? Yes, if it was still available after I'm done... which it won't be. 

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 84 Accent 
(Not pictured above in large haul)

I bought this because it works beautifully to contour your face without actually having to use a separate powder to do so. I jumped on it before it sold out like Notorious did. I have to say that I have no regrets. The color is a beautiful warm rosy brown everyday blush, but I find that it is not enough for contouring. As all Joues Contraste blushes, it is finely milled and easy to blend. 
Would I repurchase? Heck yes. This is my favorite blush as of late.


Welps, that concludes the mini reviews on my holiday haul. Of course, as always, I love to insert shameless selfies at the end of every post. Unfortunately I just have one this time. This is to look forward to my next post I'm going to do. 

I need a better background. Curious to what lippie I'm wearing? 
Why, it's the Hourglass opaque rouge I mentioned in my haul. haha

Thanks for checking up on my blogette, 

-- xLissa







0 comments:

Post a Comment