Monday, September 30, 2013

Birthday Cosmetics Haul!

I really don't know if I could ever post anything other than hauls on my blog.  They're just so addicting. I love looking at what other people buy, and showing people what I bought.

I also haven't posted any selfies of myself recently, so I thought I should (Haha, yeah, right). My skin has gone from horrible to worse though. Where are the days that I had perfect skin? Long gone as it seems. Ah well...

Since blackout season is soon approaching, I guess stores are trying to make up for their sales for the rest of the year. Kiehl's had their first ever friends and family sale open to anyone that walked into the store. The Rihanna hearts Mac collection came out for fall, and Shopper's was having their employee discount and 20x the points at the same time! Talk about sales.

Anyways, here's a nice picture of my little haul from the past couple of weeks:




Kiehl's
Blue Herbal Gel Cleanser - $31
Calendula Herbal-Extract - $49
Ultra Facial Cleanser - $25
Ultimate Hand Salve - Free Sample


So, as I have mentioned earlier in this post, my skin has been acting up a lot recently. I had a huge flare up while I was in Japan, and I had to constantly wear make up because the girls there all looked so flawless. When I received the Kiehl's email, I jumped the gun and bought some skincare products that the SA said were suitable for my oily, acne prone skin. I was originally just looking at the Blue Herbal line, but she said it would be too harsh for my skin, and up sold me to their calendula toner. I didn't realize how expensive this stuff is! Apparently the flower petals are all hand picked and that factors into the cost. 
To me, I don't care who picked the flowers. It just better work. I haven't used any of these products yet. 

MAC
 Rihanna Blush in Bad Girl Gone Good - $25 


I wasn't originally going to pick up anything from this collection, but I couldn't help myself. I had been anticipating this collection for a while, but was disappointed as swatches and reviews came about online. 
I settled with this blush because I don't own anything like it, and I told myself that I needed one thing from the collection, since it was released on my birthday. It's a burnt orange color against my skin. I'll update with a swatch when I get a chance to wear it. 

Urban Decay 
Revolution lipstick in Naked - $26
Cannonball Mascara - $24
Shattered Face Case - $49


Pictured here, I also purchased the cannonball waterproof mascara. Since getting refractive eye surgery, I've been on the hunt for my HG mascara. I've been wearing mascara almost everyday because I no longer have to worry about my lashes hitting my glasses. Jen frmheadtotoe's favorite mascara is this one, and it has a Japanese formula to boast. We'll see how it fairs later, when I start using it! 


Since I'm once again back in school, I feel uncomfortable wearing bright bold lip colors, so I've been gravitating to nude lipsticks that just give me a bit of color. The Shopper's in St. Albert just started carrying Urban Decay, and I got the opportunity to check it out with my old co-worker (since I'm technically unemployed at the moment). There were no testers available for any of the new products because they apparently missed a shipment. Picking this shade out was pretty much a shot in the dark from looking at the inaccurate color panel they had.
Naked is a mid toned nude pink. I would say it's the same tone as my lips, but in a pinkier shade. 
The formula is comfortable to wear, but it's suppose to be smooth, creamy and non skipping. I found that it was actually quite difficult to put on with it's drier texture. It could be the cold weather, but it's not my favorite lipstick. It's quite pigmented, and it also doesn't have a scent or taste. I'm wishing it did. lol 



The Shattered Face Case contain colors that I would use on a daily. I love the lip gloss pencil. I bought this on a whim, because I was just going to get the lip pencil by itself. The blushes are beautiful as well. The shadows are alright. Nothing special. The formula of them aren't as creamy as I remember their other shadows being, but it'll do. I'm planning to put this one in my gym bag.
The quality of these cases are inconsistent though. My cousin also bought one and both of our cases were scratched pretty badly on the outside. She was more unfortunate than I with the fact that hers had eye shadow pans glued improperly. Not impressed with the quality control on these. 


Speaking of my cousin, she was kind enough to find me this jewel in Florida from a CCO! I lucked out! 
This is my new beautiful lipstick. Tom Ford's Black Orchid.
I haven't used/swatched it yet. It's just way too beautiful to use. I'm in love! 


That's it for the products I've accumulated for the month of September. I thought I would do a look with the Shattered face case as well. My brother recently bought me a new Tripod, so it was more of an experiment using that. Some of the pictures are a bit out of focus, but bear with me. 

Look at the second head I'm growing on my chin! 
Have you read the news about the man in Asia who had to grow a nose on his forehead? I kind of feel like him, although I am fortunate to not have to go through that. 

I bought the Urban Decay 24/7 concealer in F.B.I. last month due to rave reviews. 
As much as I DO like it, it's not all that special. 
I still feel like I need to touch up half way through the day with it. 

Here's a wonderful picture of my grossly pale face after blending out. 

I'll but using my Benefit Hello Flawless foundation in Cheers to me Champagne.
Before you ask, yes, I do enjoy using this foundation. It has a very natural finish without making me look cakey.

The only thing I don't like is how it gives be a luminous finish. 
It's definitely a foundation that needs to be set. 

Here, I've used my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder.
One of my faves.  

I did my brows using a Kate palette I bought in Japan and Diorshow Brow styler. 
The flash is making them look very yellow/red toned. They don't look like that in real life!  

First, I used the two lighter colors to highlight the inner corners and my brow bone. 

I darkened my eyelids using the third color in. 

and on the outer V, I used the darkest smokey shade. 

In the center of my lids, I put the purple for a pop of color. 

Lined my eyes with the Zero 24/7 Pencil

Used my fave waterproof mascara at the moment - Lancome Hypnose WP

and I used Overexposed (dusty peach shade) and the highlighter on my cheeks. 

Lastly, I put on the Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color (what a mouthful) in Lovechild. 
It's a pretty pale pink. 


Finished!! 

 Yay, that concludes my blog post for today. I have to go back to catching up on homework from class. 

Until next time, 
- xLissa




0 comments:

Post a Comment